Warm hues of the fall chill

Autumn is officially here, whether I agree to it or not. Yesterday a girl in my class said "September is gone." I wondered how because I remember vehemently grasping to the last days of August, I could have sworn that was only a few moments ago. She said she was already looking forward to December, the end of our fall semester. I realized it will come much sooner than we wish to admit. My days feel shorter and shorter still. Perhaps the earlier setting sun is assisting in this illusion of losing time. Experiences are blurring more and more, the differences between weeks and days seem so little now. As the air is turning cooler and the leaves don their warm tones shedding the green ones they wore in the heat of summer, the cruel joke of time is accompanied with an appropriate chill.
This path of academia that I am on, I know there are twists and turns and the inevitable end. In this place I will have to make my own path. I can't help but feel I am running towards the finish of this paved road, and headed the uncharted forest. The eventuality of the event isn't what I have fear of, but that it will be more time that has slipped through that hourglass stationary in our existence.

Comments

Popular Posts