MOMA & The Street: Reflections from the Road

Notes I kept during the trip to San Francisco.

San Francisco: MOMA


At the SFMOMA there are more artists on display than at the SAM. I have Lana Del Rey playing on my head phones as I walk around, the jazzy bluesy melancholia feel fits the mood of the gallery. We found a Rothko original, beautiful piece. There's such a mix here I love it. There are so many different artists are displayed here.





 

The Streets

It's such a site.
Everywhere along Pioneer Square are massive store fronts, and just outside people selling knock offs. We walk by a sign for Tiffany & Co. Underneath a man is sleeping in a bag on cardboard. These people are sitting in front of food shops and ATM’s asking for handouts. Last night we walked by a woman sitting against a fence with her back to the side walk. She was sitting on a flattened cardboard box with a sleeping bag and blankets covering her, to her left a bottle of bottom shelf liquor in a green bottle. My sympathy had vanished, completely. The next morning a woman was asking for money for pancakes in front of a shop, could've even been the same woman, I just kept waking, but I hoped someone would feed her. 



The Hostel

Were staying at is pretty neat. It's an old building converted, divided up into rooms of various rooms. Down stairs from the main lobby there is a club that looks like something I would build on my Sims game, complete with strobe lights of primary colours. Tonight is free beer night. Tecate beer, not complaining, the margaritas are better.

A pretty cool place

 

Comments

Popular Posts