K(J)Pop party



About a year and a half ago a friend from Poland sent me a Music Video (MV) She knew I liked songs in other languages, and thought I would get a kick out of it. The song was Sorry, by Super Junior. I saw the video for G-Dragons Heart Breaker. I was officially hooked. I couldn’t stop listening to Sorry by SuJu. Every time I was online I had to hear it. I thought the dance moves were awesome, I even copied many of them. Here it is over a year later, and my interest has turned into a full-fledged obsession. I’ve started learning how to speak Korean, I want to move there, and I know the areas around Seoul I would like to live in. 

In Seattle, once a month, there is a J/K-Pop party; Japanese/Korean, although it’s mostly Korean. The first time I saw it pop up on my Face Book I was so excited and really wanted to go, but I was afraid to go alone. So very afraid. At the last minute I called my friend HS and asked if she would go with me. To my happy surprise she said yes. I wasn’t going into unfamiliar territory alone. I cling to the known. I love new situations, when I’m done being afraid of them. It’s about a 2 hour drive to Seattle, HS and would spend the night at a friend’s nearby, it was nice to spend time with them too, making the trip worth it. The first few times I went I didn’t know what to expect. I was so happy to hear songs I knew, and knew well: 2NE1, Big Bang of course SuJu, lots of others as well. I got so excited. We went again the next month and again. We met a couple people and began talking to, so there was someone to meet the next time we went. Even more fun!
Hi guys!
Dancing generically
Once we all get in there, everyone gets happy. People accidentally hit each other dancing, smile apologize, and try not to step on each other’s feet again 5 minutes later. I get excited and spastic to the songs I know, the photographer who comes has proof of this and rather generically to songs I’m not as familiar with.
Last week for the January J/K-Pop party I met with some friends before-hand, had dinner before going out to dance. Not many people were there when we got there, I waited for another friend to arrive. 

Once the crowd is in there it is so much fun. People spazz out dancing, and laughing. It’s an experience worth repeating. We have the usual groups, and the DJ’s are great. If you live in an area where they have a J/K pop party, GO! Go meet people who like what you like, dance better than you, and have fun. I can’t guarantee you’ll get good DJ’s like we do, but I suggest you try it. At least once.

Comments

Popular Posts