How to get lost with Trist'n: West Seattle Edition

Let's get lost in west Seattle.

My sat-navi's idea of a joke
So my sense of direction is about as good as a 3 year old who had too much sugar, come to think of it, so is my personality, but that is beside the point. After successfully finding my Sis' house, where we had a sleep over, I decided to tempt the fates and meet up with a friend in downtown Seattle.... at Starbucks. First off do you know how many Starbucks there are in Seattle?  
Seattle 
 I ask her over the phone what street she is on. I hear 1st Street, so I head to the Starbucks there. It is one I am rather familiar with, as I've picked up another friend (HS) from there before one several occasions. Well I get there park illegally (as I usually do since I’m trying to be speedy here) and call my friend, IE, to come out. She doesn't see me. I don't see her. HEY quick question! Do you know what sounds a lot like 1st street over the phone?  4th Street. Yeah. So I VERY quickly reenter the address into my sat-navi, before I get a ticket, and take off. Seattle is full of one way streets, so I can't just go up 3 more streets. Nope. I have to go up 5 blocks turn left follow that down 3 more than over under and around the hole. I made it to the RIGHT Starbucks. Except I can’t get over to the right side like I need to.... And I go around again... The next time it’s all good. I make it to where I need to go, IE slides into the car and off we go. I know a little bit about Seattle but I still don't know where everything is. IE found a really cool coffee shop in Zagat guide and we wanted to check it out. I love doing stuff like this. HEY another quick quiz. Did you know there is always construction going on somewhere in Seattle?! I apparently found every place they had an orange cone today and drove right to it. I should’ve taken one as a souvenir. I also managed to take every possible wrong turn and missed every other street on the way to this chic street I’d never been on. Anyway we found the cafe. So Cute. Their walls were pretty bare though like they were just setting up and I asked how long they'd been open. Apparently around 6 years. The lady forgave me for not knowing when I explained I lived on Whidbey. In the bathroom was news paper articles about the the cafe, and how great they were. Maybe those should be a little more displayed... just saying.  IE and I picked out 3 super sweet goodies to try. They were amazing!
We ordered our coffee and talked about Korea, she made me promise I wouldn't change my mind about moving there. I should've pinky promised ㅋㅋㅋ she suggested I keep close to her, as in where I will chose to live. I might actually have to rethink my plan as of where to move, so I can be closer to her and HS. We discussed sounds, and words in English and Korean. I showed her my book with words I'm working on, we wrote in both languages. She happened to come across my bank information that I had forgotten I left in the book. 
ohhhh right!
Now the funny thing here is
 I wrote my PRIVATE CODE in Korean. 
So no one could read it...  oh that's right! I have 
a bunch of friends who are Korean.  
She laughed about it and agreed it wasn't a bad idea to
 put it in another language.
I did my best scary voice and said
 "You know this means I have to kill you now. Right?!"

We ate the super sweet confections  from the cafe. They were amazing. The German chocolate cake was so rich. She picked out a pistachio concoction, and an apple tart. They were all equally fantastic. If you’re ever in this area I suggest you check out this cute café with a groovy feel to it.
I headed home without getting lost, after spending $60 at the Korean market, but I had to drive through fog soup. It was so think I couldn’t see more than five feet in front of my car. Luckily once I’m on The Island, I know how to get home ^_^

Comments

Popular Posts