The Hobbit, Desolation of Smaug



The Hobbit, Desolation of Smaug


The movie was brill. Yes, I used British slang, and I don’t care. It was a fantastic film. I would gladly see it again. Shut up, my blog can be about a movie review should I so choose.
It is a real thing. SEE
My 3 loca amiga’s (crazy friends) and I decided to go see the movie. They were over generous to pay my way and allow for the not so great theater in town, however that is not a complaint. The four of us love our geekdoms.
One is anime lover and Nihonphile, another is hardcore Harry Potter, the other, all things intellectual and vast. All three are very smart. I am a strange eclectic mix that fits in with my love of Korea and anime not to mention just plain enjoyment of learning. 
can't wait can't wait can't wait can't
 We entered our little town theater, and immediately went gaga over the newest X-Men movie coming out. Two giant posters of Xavier and Magneto were displayed and we gushed about how we can’t wait to see it. 
A man there, old enough to be our father, let out his inner-geek and bragged mildly how he could tell us everything about the film already. I then noticed the How to Train Your Dragon poster and squealed like the kids on Despicable Me. I  LOVED  the first one.

What we are here to see
Yes, this is your King... Ladies.
We finally settle in, and one of my younger cohorts and I immediately begin commenting. We are quiet with no one close enough to us to bother. However, our friend heard us giggling… a lot. The movie is not a comedy (however there are some funny bits) I decided at some point I had to take notes, and grabbed my mini notebook. In the dark I found a page I thought was empty, and later realized I’d written over the bus schedule from Incheon to Seoul… oops.
The film, liked the original LOTR was beautifully done. 
As the Dwarves began their journey, 
I was happy to see familiar faces.
Kili... Ladies.
Richard Armitage plays the King, and I had seen him in other shows before, and was already a fan, but when my friends realized who he was they got very excited and when I told them who played Kili, they wholeheartedly agreed these were some good looking dwarves.


Why yes, the pretty men live here.
Keeping with the theme, all I could think of while watching was: "When they picked cast for the the elves was they must have asked for pretty pretty men.”
The interaction between the characters were brilliant. Several times Bilbo will say something or give a suggestion, and the dwarves look to their king for confirmation, and he looks at them in a tone reminiscent of
 “Do what your mother says.”  
*I was not the one to realize this, but my giggly friend pointed that out.
 









The dragon was beautifully done and voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch. The deep voice emitted is chilling. The imagery was fantastic.
 I will admit I would love the idea, "To sleep like a dragon," undisturbed and surrounded by jewels and gold piled high… however it doesn’t sound warm. 
This suits me just fine.

Comments

Popular Posts