하루하루 Wishes she was still in Seoul: Clubs and Coffee



Not very girly :P

One of the best parts of my trip, was the clubs in Hongdae. I went with Riley for about 2 weeks in a row, and we had fun. The clubs in Seoul are so different than the ones here. People cram in to dance where there’s no room to dance, sometimes not even a dance floor, and if you buy enough drinks you can sit in a special part of the bar. 
The girls dress up, and wear heels that I would fall off of. I love to dance, so I didn’t bring heels, I brought real shoes, and I definitely got attention for being able to dance. I didn’t take pictures of the clubs because 1. Too dark 2. Too busy dancing 3. I locked my stuff up. For the most part it’s a pretty safe environment, I don’t drink too much, but I had fun at least one night, where I drank a bit too much (This will later become a story, we may even reenact and film the events of that night).  

SO bright at night *no flash used.
I’m definitely too masculine for this place. I don’t do the cutesy dresses or outfits, my hair isn’t fixed perfectly every 5 minutes (this is NOT an exaggeration) I don’t wear make-up, and I didn’t wear heels at all. This may be the reason a couple different girls approached me. They were beautiful creatures in lovely
dresses and heels, and they were interested in me. Keep in mind, in this culture homosexuality is NOT encouraged. It is very much underground and kept quiet. So I was more than a little shocked, but in the end not really. Apparently I'm a draw for some other women. I’m straight as an arrow though( LGBT supporter though).
I often say, “I like pretty boys, but I like boys.” We tried to go to a popular club in Gangnam, but I was told I was too old, I already have issues about my age, and this still is stinging me a week later, but there’s nothing I can do about it. We went back to Hongdae, where we like and feel comfortable. We danced and had fun! That’s all that counted.  
(More info on Hongdae and a video of where I was in Hongdae  ^_^)
Getting someone's attention
I love the night life there, it is constant, and it is bright. So very bright. At some point Riley and I began a game of what I call “Catch eye” we would catch eyes with anyone we could and try to hold it. It was fun, especially since it’s very rare for people to come over to someone they don’t know and talk to them. I was very surprised to have a couple guys reach out and touch my tattoo. It is not typical behavior. It was always fun to see how the other person would react. 

 Coffee coffee coffee coffee

Hello Kitty Coffee Shop
My other favorite thing COFFEE SHOPS. All over the place I can look at one coffee shop from another coffee shop, and most of them have a second floor, or even better their front walls are windows open wide and the building is open to the night air. The coffee shops are where people chill out and do their work, or homework. This is because they all have internet access, and it’s typically a calm and quiet environment. It was very normal to see people sitting there with their laptops and lots of books. 
Riley found one that makes the best Caramel Mocha Latte (I think that’s what it was) and the boys that serve it, oh my ^^.
I don't really like the taste of coffee itself, it has to be sweet and not bitter, and here they make it SAWEEET.

Let's go down this random alley.

I honestly was not ready to go home, due to circumstances, it had to happen, but I can save up and go again.
 In fact I will MAKE that happen.
 I loved it there so much. I felt safe walking around at 3 am, or 3 pm all by myself in the middle of nowhere. 

I don’t know a lot of Korean, but I know some, and I was even comfortable enough to start asking bus drivers if they go to… wherever before I left.
I was impressed with the public transportation, it was very convenient, and less 
expensive than a car would be. I can’t wait to go back. 

People I really want to see

There were a few issues with getting me back home, my dad kindly made a suggestion to consider depending on what the circumstances may become:

Comments

Popular Posts