Daiso aka Awesome!



I have found a slice of heaven in the form of a Japanese (almost a) dollar store. It’s the Daiso store, which is conveniently located …  too bloody far away from me!
Eh, closer than Japan, so I shouldn't complain.
Chopstick, pretty rice bowls bento boxes. Saweet
It’s at the Alderwood mall in Lynnwood, which means nothing to you, but to me it’s a 2 hour drive off the Island, if I go north and 1.5 if I take the ferry. 
In short too bloody far!
But a couple friends and I decided to made a day of it.

We headed to the mall that I haven’t been to since Black Friday, It’s nice to see what it looks like without people jumping over each other for the last pair of neon leg warmers. I am making an attempt at downsizing, and not gaining items that are useless. 
However that didn’t stop me from buying a couple of sparkly rice bowls with butterflies on them, I think they even match my new rice cooker.

My favorite surprise was the Hello Kitty© Sanrio store. I came SO close to buying a Hello Kitty© purse, I mean it was classy.
I would ROCK this!
I am committing myself to downsizing.... yes downsizing
Yeah I’m committed.
This is the Ducky, I got the Panda ^^
I am downsizing my closet. I’ve gotten rid of a sock and a pair of shorts. Back to Daiso~  we were there to get school supplies, something a little different, and boy did we succeed.  I was also hoping to slake my lust for pens of a certain caliber… go back, read the word correctly. Okay now we’re good. I like pens with .05MM or less, and .38MM pens are hard to find. Daiso has them… sometimes. This was not one of them. I got one lime-ish green .38MM pen. Luckily I got three black ones while I was in Seoul (Oh how I miss thee…moving on) However, I was able to procure a cute Panda notebook with Engrish.


 Engrish:



A form of English characterized by bad translation from Japanese by someone who is decent at translating vocabulary but has a poor grasp of English grammar. Tends to be a word-by-word literal translation with humorous results for native English speakers. Engrish is most common in old video games and anime subtitles.

Yay school, when I cry over my math class and pretend I’m a vampire (no sunlight, studying) and act like a zombie (I need brains… or I will fail) 
Well, at least I have what I need. 
I loved the Sanrio store, I wanted too many of the overpriced items. I settled for a gift for my friend’s daughter.  

Forever 21 was filled with cute clothes, that just don’t suit me as much as I truly wish they did.  The shoes however…  Downsizing.  I am downsizing!
We got too much ice cream at Cold Stone. I didn’t realize it was that much, and I began begging my friends to take bites. Just a little bit, just to see how it tastes ^^ It was good. 

We chose to drive down to Seattle (and I didn't get hopelessly lost)  when we were done and walked around the boardwalk area, I got some great photos of us being us, and a great shot of me being attacked by a giant metal squid.




What's a trip to Seattle without Starbucks


The great thing was, as I posing for this photo, people gathered to see me wind myself into the
creature and I was laughing so hard my friends thought I was stuck and rushed to help me as I untangled myself from the tentacles. * I wasn't stuck, just couldn't stop laughing.
Live Hentai… no… nope, not that!
 At least in broad daylight.  Then again…. 

 


 As we left Seattle, I did the customary Kodee move, and about got lost. After getting a wink from a cutie in dreads for singing Queen loudly out my open window on Pine and Pike (I think, I was lost whatya want) I gave in and turned on the sat nav.
We took the ferry home where my body screamed at me and flipped me off for my escapades, and refused to let me sleep, but it was worth it~ I found Daiso ^_^
*Daiso’s were all over the place in Seoul, they’re cool little shops. They’re basically a Japanese dollar store 

  
It was a good day

Comments

Popular Posts