I've Arrived AKA WTF has happened now?! In SEOUL!




 I landed in Korea- but my bag did not. If you read my last blog post this was the bag that had all the important stuff that wasn’t clothes.

Yeah... none of that~ Listen to the Doctor

“Thank goodness you at least had your clothes.”
Well about that. - I don’t.  
Long story short. I was told I should grab something for the next day and leave the bag in the trunk, since I would be going to the hostel then any way.
I agreed, respectfully.
At this point I didn't have a change undergarments. I am in the the same clothing/under clothes from the plane and , because of the lay out of my luggage getting a change of clothing would have involved pulling the WHOLE bag out and unzipping everything.
So I grabbed the top two shirts and nothing else.
-Fast forward 3 days – I am still in the same under clothes from the plane


(I did buy some under wear, but bras... nope) I couldn't go out for a whole day because it was soaked after I washed it by hand. I felt DISGUSTING.

My bag (with my clothes, shoes, socks, and a few medical things I need) is still IS IN THE TRUNK (an hour away) and I really have no way to ‘just go get it’
I had to buy new underwear, socks and sleep clothes and eventually a dress just to have something to wear. I was literally too embarrassed to go outside.
I, of course, wore the biggest boots I had on the plane, keeping all the smaller shoes in the bag, meaning the only shoes I had in 85+ degree heat were motorcycle boots and dirty socks (until I bought more). I did finally buy another pair of flip flops, and now I have some very nasty blisters on my feet from when I went to take some photos, which I’ll share with you now ^_^

How to surprise people in South Korea.
1.       Walk into a restaurant as a foreigner
2.       Be able to read Hangeul.
3.       Have a giant tattoo
4.       All at once
And for the record #3 can simply scare some people. 

I found this nice little restaurant with two cute little ladies running it. 
They were SO sweet. I don’t think they speak ANY English, but they worked with my broken Korean and they loved that I could read the language. 
They were so kind, and when I didn’t understand we just laughed. 
They asked about work, if I was married, where I was staying, if I was okay here alone and how I knew Korean. 

I am recuperating in my room now. I wanted to share. 
This is such a cool little area, and I should have EVERYTHING tomorrow, I’m just not sure if I’ll have the ability to walk now.
The owner of this hostel was very kind and took me to get some clothing for today. Which is why I was able to go out and take pictures.   
I can’t wait to see what happens next! 


Comments

Popular Posts