Common sense: The lack thereof in our lives

My friend Whoopie and I decided we should write a book on the lack of common sense we often come across. I decided to give us 'fake' names so that no one knows who we are. Yes I know the irony of me posting this on MY BLOG. It's my sense of humor, deal with it.

Whoopie Yanksteady & Gidget Stormenbrau, our anonymous name. Yes they're supposed to be that bad.

Whoopie: You will never know our identities
Gidget: (me) : Except it will be on my blog
Whoopie: I’m still anonymous, right?!
I nod
So our friend, who we shall call Vicki Rubber, is a prime example. We love Mrs. Rubber dearly, hell we wouldn’t keep her around if we didn’t’, but sometimes we wonder how many times she’s been dropped on her head.

She often doesn’t look at the big picture and use common sense to complete the simplest of tasks. As I am searching for an example in my memory (1. at the moment my memory sucks 2. There are SO many to choose from) Vicki Rubber is adamant to have the latest technology, where she then complains she doesn’t know how to use it, and proceeds to upgrade, competing with those around her. She doesn’t see the harm in spending $30 on a keychain while complaining about not having money, just because of those she works with have the ‘same brand.’
To me this is naiveté’s version of lack of common sense.




Poor child.
Whoopie is about 7 months preggo. She and her hubby have carefully selected names after weeding through all the Mogdar’s and Snargleflarp’s, however her mother-in-law was less than understanding when she politely told her she didn’t want to name her future offspring Bezow!  They had three or four names they had settled on, she however realizing they didn’t go for Bezow begged they named their child another odd name, and another. I know there are worse names in the world, but give it a rest. She failed to come to the conclusion that SHE was NOT going to NAME THEIR child. This is what I consider inconsiderate lack of common sense. After hearing ALL of this as a third party person who is VERY protective of my friends I was like:

 
Obviously these are on a personal level, and yes I have more, besides that idiot in downtown Seattle who doesn’t have enough brains to look before she merges, but I would keep you here all night… or day… or whatever your time zone may be. I may add to this post as more examples come forward. I know we all make mistakes, but there really comes a time when you need to step back and see if your actions are the reason people are giggling at  you when you walk into the place where everyone knows your name.

Remember Consistency is only a virtue, if you're not a fuck up.... Use common sense!



Comments

Popular Posts