3.5 years to South Korea

I have approximately 3.5 years before I will be moving to South Korea. I am taking this time to learn the culture, the beautiful language, and plan places I want to go visit and to live... along with lose some of my weight.


나는 서울에 살고 싶어

Big Bang
I'm very lucky to have met some wonderful people who are here from South Korea, studying. I am so happy I met my wonderful friends. They have been so patient and helpful in learning Hangeul. They correct my pronunciation and put up with my K-Pop love. I am so in love with Big Bang it isn't funny, I can sing with most of their music at this point. In fact this blog is even named after one of their songs. They're of course not the only band I'm crazy about.
Granted it is what sparred my interest ever further through a coincidence. I asked someone, who is now a good friend (남동생), what it meant. I wasn't sure he was from S. Korea, but when he confirmed it, I really wanted to ask. I don't regret asking, but I was SO scared to at the same time. It's hard to believe that something so little could grow into something so important to me.

I've also had great fortuity in meeting others willing to help me learn, and understand my desire to know more of the language and culture. I will have to learn more on the history as time goes on, as I'm in school full time (and I work) and don't have a ton of spare time at the moment. I love the food too. Korean food has become my comfort food. When it's cold out I want Doen Jang Jiggae. My favorite thing to make is Ddeokbokki (but it's a snack) and Kimbab. Kalbi is amazing, and so many other things. I haven't found anything I don't like yet.
I have plans to visit South Korea, but I have to be able to save up for that trip... and finish getting my passport. I have the photo... and the paperwork... now I need to turn it in. It will happen in due time. Patience is a virtue I must keep in my soul until I can go to Seoul. My future home

 

Comments

Popular Posts