"How many children die from vaccines?" They asked me.

 

"How many children die from vaccines?" They asked me. 

Research for your enjoyment

When flu season comes around I’m always asked, “did you get your flu shot?” I’d love to, but I’ve learned I’m allergic to the flu shot. I told the doc recently, let’s see how I react now, it’s been many years. She said, "No" and put it in my chart that I’m allergic. However, I do have all my other vaccines, even had to get my TDAP before going to Korea, and in general I’m looking forward to getting my Covid-19 vaccine.  

I know people are stressed with Covid and everything that's has occurred in its wake. There have been a reprisal of arguments with the vaccine being offered. While discussing how difficult things have been up to this point, the topic of vaccines came up and I was asked if I knew how many children die from vaccines. I had an idea, but I said I’ll look it up and for all the arguments I’ve heard I’ve never researched any specific data on that, so I decided to do just that, and looked it up.

 The reason you only hear a certain group of people (that I’ll not call out) bring up "death from vaccines" is because, children don’t die from the vaccines. Well not directly. The (few) families that have had the unfortunate experience of losing their children from being vaccinated was due to mishandling of the medication, “attributable to inappropriate handling, contamination, production error, or error of medical care,” according to the CDC where a "Vaccine Safety Committee" was created for the sole purpose of "assessing a causal relation between all of the vaccines that it reviewed and death."  

Are there allergic reactions, like I have to the flu shot? Yes, but  "We cannot reiterate enough that the vaccines used today are extremely safe, but in a handful of children certain vaccine ingredients can trigger serious allergic reactions," says Robert Wood, M.D., lead author on the paper and chief of pediatric Allergy and Immunology at Hopkins Children's. "For the most part, even children with known allergies can be safely vaccinated."

Most of the deaths that were attributed to vaccines were from other causes, ie: SIDS, anaphylaxis (allergic reaction). However, it’s so uncommon, that the number is considered negligible (granted this term does not apply to the families that just lost their beloved child) , because it’s almost always found that it’s not the vaccine. “A large body of evidence supports the safety of vaccines, and multiple studies and scientific reviews have found no association between vaccination and deaths except in rare cases.”  


Vaccines are rigorously tested and are some of the safest drugs given to the most vulnerable population. Issues regarding the vaccines given can be reported and monitored on the VAERS site. They are even updated on a case by case basis so that people may be aware of legitimate risks. I actually went through a couple pages of this, since they're available for download and viewing. Just page after page of minor reactions and not much else. You're free to do the same: https://vaers.hhs.gov/ 

The reality is, children die because they are not given the vaccines. Two million children die globally annually due to not getting vaccinated.   


Where did this all begin? Why is this even debated in the first place? Well, in 1998 (former Dr.) Andrew Wakefield published a paper, Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children in The Lancet (Wikipedia). 

The paper claimed that there was a relation between the MMR vaccine and the development of autism (&colitis). Guess what, it was all BULLSHIT. There never was a link between vaccines and autism,  and all attempts to recreate his “findings” were null .


Wakefield lied about the whole thing and lost his license. In 2018 Time Magazine wrote, "
Wakefield was de-licensed by medical authorities for his deceit and “callous disregard” for children in his care. It took nearly two decades for the UK immunization rates to recover.

Why did he ever do it in the first place? 

Well, he had a patent for his own brand/version of a MMR (Measles Mumps Rubella) vaccine he wanted to market as the “safe” alternative and so he could MAKE A LOT OF MONEYInstead his actions started a whole movement of people who brought back diseases we’d pretty much eradicated for the greater part of the 20th century, thanks to his own sense of selfentitlement and greed;  He then tried to deny he ever did this. The reality is this dude is a real piece of garbage. I just barely opened the lid on this trash heap of a person.


I respect that parents are want what is best for their children and are often under the impression they know better than anyone, even the person who spent eight fucking years going to school or twenty fucking years studying medicine, but at some point, you need to take a step back and realize there are things that people who are educated in know better, and just because you popped out a miniature human does not imbue you with all the knowledge of the universe. 

Go to a grave yard, go look at all little gravestones of families, all the babies, and children that died in the early 19th century, before we had vaccines. 



The reality is, whether you like it or not, the only thing vaccines do is cause your children (approximately two to three million a year,) to grow up. Vaccines prevent diseases that killed millions, and is making a come back because people seem to think they know what’s best, when they simply have an opinion, but not knowledge.  



*I know I kept this fairly simple, I’m only focusing on a few points: To what degree does vaccinations cause death, and what why is this even a debated topic in the first place.

 

 Just a final note: If you're gonna argue with me, because you have an opinion and don't like what I wrote- write it in your diary, tell your friend, maybe even write your own blog, because I don't care. 

Have a lovely day everyone, and please try to stay safe!

 

Comments

Popular Posts