It was a good day 10.3.15



Yesterday was a good day. 
I met with my friend Y. We've known each other a long time now, so visint with her was a real comfort in a sea of 'something different,' she was the familiar smell that brought back good memories. We talked a little bit about everything, school, work, travel, memories and friends. Those we missed, those we need to meet up with again and those we thought each other might know. 




We explored through sections of Insadong looking for a bubble tea place.

I joked that it was hiding from us.
It must have been because it never emerged. 
We wondered through the streets and weaved through the people.
We stopped at an art gallery, something I missed doing.


We made our way into the Bukcheon village.  

 I LOVED looking at all the doors. They were so beautiful.  


I love the Taeguki (Korean flag) and I went to get a photo of this one with the houses behind it- the man that you don't see behind the flag went off on a drunk rant asking if that was my flag- I honestly didn't realize it. Y pulled me away and told me what he said as we walked down the hill. I joke now that this is my flag~
*I have it hanging in my bedroom!!
It was not easy to get pictures because there were so many people.
Y was surprised by how many people there were- I felt bad for the people that lived in the village- although beautiful… it was not peaceful. Children ran screaming through the streets and I thought that it was rude that the parents didn’t tell them to stop. 
 
That famous view




As the sun was setting we left the village and headed back into the town.

We stopped and watched performers. Usually I don’t stop, but this time I liked it. One on the way to the village ...
She had such a pretty voice
...and one on the way back
                                                          These guys were pretty good

Y said she liked this blurry photo ^_^ so I put it here for her. 

 
I disappeared to take these shots
 

 Y was sweet as she put up with my constant photo taking. Even as it got dark I continued to snap shots of the area. We walked back through an interesting building leveling up each round to be greeted by the skyline:


All skylines should have giraffes! 

We walked back toward the street looking for dinner- PIZZA! I was so happy. I've been craving pizza for a week. There's a theory that if you wait 15 minutes your craving will go away- I've waited 15 DAYS and it was still there! That theory is bunk! I have debunked it.
 Yes I took pictures of the food. No, I'm not going to post it. 
Instead I will leave you with this. 
It was a good day ^_^

Comments

Popular Posts