GO...Bugger Me

There was a BIG, HUGE reason I was afraid to even consider doing the Gofundme project for my study abroad. I talked to several people about it. Looked into what would need to be done and even after my acceptance to the program and the placement at the university (which I am still excited about) I am nervous. Because I have never done anything like this. Sure I did fundraisers for school (in elementary), but I am not a salesman, never was, and don't want to be. I like to make cool advertisements. I like the arts department. I'm a sensitive soul... that's why when someone I thought was a friend tears down something that I was already afraid to try, I couldn't let that wall be broke down.

This was posted to my Facebook about how happy I was that I had gotten a couple donations, and I was excited (still am) I was grateful (still am) and it means a lot to me that people took the time to do to this for me. I woke up with a message under my new GoFundMe link That said to "just go get a credit card"  **cue eye roll**
Which I did on my last trip to Korea. Biggest regret EVER!!


Okay that comment about Potato salads and dance parties, totally true, the potato salad thing made news, and the dance party dude (bless his heart) got a kick starter too after being shamed on camera. I kinda feel for him:
But not $37,000!

I got attacked for not making money the way he felt I should. In his opinion I shouldn't volunteer, but extort my friends. 
I usually hide people's name, but whats the point
I decided I did not need people like this tearing me down and took him off of my Facebook. I don't need people who are going in insult me, no, he wasn't giving me 'sound financial advice' or alternative suggestions. 
He was saying I was wrong, period.

His response to my letting him go:
Well, I guess there goes any adult conversation

My response


 I don't do fundraisers, I'm trying to go to school, not start a business!! Not to mention, I don't have the money or time to put into it... am I sad about this loss...I don't have time for people who are going to be negative and hurtful in my life. If you can't be positive/supportive. I don't need you.
** EDIT
I will say that he makes it sound like I don't work. I do. I have 2 jobs, respite care, which one friend points out and Karaoke DJ which is not as stable, but hey, it's a job and it's money honey. I also do side jobs, photography, babysitting/pet sitting on the side. I would rather 'help' a someone than 'charge' them! Period

Comments

Popular Posts