Itaewon 이태원 : International mecca


Tom N' Tom's coffee, pretty good.
 This is such a cool place. There are so many people here from all around the world. My friend and I spent an evening here, we met up with a couple people, checked out a bar, some clubs and enjoyed the hot (melting) hot summer night.
 My friend learned that putting make-up on me is akin to panting a snowman in July… it just doesn’t work.
I didn’t get many pictures of Itaewon because 1. I didn’t bring my camera 2.  It would have been difficult to set up any shots where we were and 3. I was having too much fun. My friend picked me up at Tom N' Tom's Coffee. During this time of my stay in Korea HS would drop me off at a per-determined local, and one of our friends would pick me up, then we would go from there. My friends took such good care of me.  
I know the BEST people.
 




 This building, with the black doors, is where we went to have a drink and plan our night out. The place was packed and the whiskey was good.

Look at all the places you can visit
There are a lot of side streets that you can get lost on, Itaewon is also where Homo & Hooker-Hill are located. They're two side streets catering to those looking for something more than family friendly fun.  Honestly I ended up on Hooker Hill, because of... well let's say it was a misunderstanding. I didn't really know what it was until I had reached the top (yes I am that oblivious). As for Homo-Hill, that was a dedicated visit to a dive bar with cross dressing guys (damn I wish I could look as good as them) and a rather interesting woman that made googly eyes at me (okay, so maybe I did look as good as them).

Comments

Popular Posts