Who let this happen?





This is how I handle disappointment
When the hell did I arrive at the age where I become responsible for another human being, one that is in high school nonetheless?  
 I still remember going to my first day of High school, and she just had hers! 
**Another fun fact, we're a bit more than a decade apart, so that has something to do with it too. 
To clarify, I have a step-daughter who just started high school, I didn't have a child at age 12.

If anything else I can honestly say I relate pretty well. We’re both going to school at the same time. It’s rather interesting when we go and buy school supplies together.
As a "responsible" adult I have to make sure some type of food is available for consumption. I'm not so great at that.
 
I'm not touching any of this...Step-Mother!

We get along for the most part, and even like quite a bit of the same music.
 For heaven’s sake we crush on the some of the same people!
Yeah... that'd be him.
Gerard Way

 I have to make sure I dress appropriately (for my 'age' ... whatever that is) when I pick her up from games or have to meet her at the school. 

I probably shouldn't wear this shirt to the parent teacher meeting

 
 Most of the time I am more comfortable being around people closer to her age than my own. This sounds bad, but when I break it down logically, the friends I spend the most time with are in fact closer to her age than mine. It's part of my college experience as it were~



The kids in the neighborhood have called me mamma for a while now, but this is something else.  
I am responsible for someone.
I have to talk to teacher, coaches, and try to explain homework.    
She’s taking Spanish while I’m learning how to teach English.  '
harga barfem vlarbem blarp


It’s an interesting arrangement.
 

I don’t feel like I should be allowed to be responsible. 
I’m not that mature. 


 
I’ll be the kind of person to forget to eat, let alone feed another human.
I have to encourage her good behavior and watch my bad behavior, at least when she’s in the room anyway. 
 
 yeah... about that.

I don't like the fact I will have to help her learn to drive before long.  It's scary to think I still remember my dad yelling at me to stop before we reached the red light half a mile away.  Our biggest argument will be who gets control of the radio when she's driving..
 Oh man I don't even want to think of her.. on the road.. unsupervised.. This could be bad. 


Oy… Isn’t there an button to make this right somehow?

Comments

Popular Posts