Even viruses think I'm young: Hand Foot Mouth

 Hand Foot Mouth aka WORST Hokey Poky game EVER !
I want off this ride~
If you were a dog we would have taken you back.

Remember those sicknesses that you only get as a kid, chicken pox, measels, mumps ...Hand Foot and Mouth. 
Yeah that last one I don't remember ever hearing about it as a child. Most children that get it are under 5. 
Here I am.... much older than 5, and I have a virus that usually only affect small children.

A couple days ago my hands started hurting in random spots and my foot too, above my baby toe.
When I got home I took my shoe off and saw what looked like a possible spider bite. 
The two spots on my left hand had advanced to several on both hands and more on my feet. I was freaking out, I didn't know what was going on. So I did some research...
Looks like I've got the plague... again.
It was Hand Foot Mouth.
This is usually as a result of having contact with children that have this Hand Foot Mouth virus/ disease.
In adults the virus usually manifests itself  as an uncomfortable sore throat.  I however get to experience the same as a child would, a rash that appears across the hands and feet, and then blisters. 

There is usually a rash around the mouth is well but mine is around my nose. 
My hands and feet are in the blistering stage. 
The large red dots that have a appeared on my hands and feet are very tender
After you
Have you ever stepped on a tack or one of those little flat pins? Now imagine trying to walk with one of those stuck in your foot. 
That is what every step feels like. My feet are swollen and walking is very difficult.




 I'm walking like a 95 year old woman after a hip replacement. 
My hands are just as bad, touching, grabbing, holding or anything like it feels like I'm doing it with pins and needles being pushed in on those spots. 
Unofficially: Stop being a wussy.
My hands are swollen and my nail beds hurt. I'm hoping the rash isn't under the nails, but it's just the swollen hands
My fervent hope, at this juncture, is that it will proceed to get better as opposed to worse.  I have been spared some effects of the virus. However, that I won't discuss because it's just too gross.

What can I do about this? Nothing. 
It's a virus, and it has to run it's course. 

I'm currently quarantined in my own private quarters.  
I may never leave
strong silent type





 And I can't really complain about the company. This is the only one that doesn't jump on my feet and make me scream ~





In less than a week I'm going on a trip. 
The last thing I want is to be hobbling around while trying to explain that my face doesn't always look like this. 
"You really can't see the spots?"

 

**Note: I don't really remember which sicknesses you got as a child, because I was always sick with something.  Once I was convinced I had the plague... it was ringworm.

Comments

Popular Posts