Northwest Trek with the Crazy Girls



My friends and I drove about 3 hours south of our island to experience Northwest Trek. It began coffee with a beautiful scenic drive through Seattle and area in front of Mount Ranier. I really need to get a good photo of Ranier.  
I hadn’t been able to sleep the night before so I was expecting to be extremely tired after lunch time.
We arrived at the park at a decent time and took the tram around once, 

explored the park on foot

and took the tram again, better photos thanks to better sun placement

The first tram ride we did our best to avoid all the whining children, and there were quite a bit.
We got into the first cart of the tram and surprisingly there was only two children a child less than a year behind us.
She was so well behaved. 
However, her parents were extremely annoying. “Parsley, look here Parsley. Did she look. PARSLEY OVER HERE LOOK AT MOMMY” this went on the whole friggin’ hour. It didn’t stop until the last 10 minutes of the ride when the kid miraculously fell asleep thorough the sounds of “Parsley what is that is that a big thing. Look here Parsley over here,” and the overhead speaker of the guide who really liked ducks.
 



The walk around was great the habitats seemed more natural than those at the zoo’s. To be fair it is a natural habitat park. 
My favorite thing was the bison. I wanted to see a moose, but that didn’t happen. At the end of the day around 3:00 we took the last tram out. I had been awake for about 15-16 hours now and was starting to get loopy. On the ride someone yelled squirrel and in a Russian accent I kept saying, “Okay squirrel where is moose, I just want to talk to the moose.”  I also made jokes about how the trees without bark didn’t make a sound.  I was tired. Which means I was annoying. I didn’t really care. 
We headed home, and I missed the photo opportunity I had been thinking about all day. 
We went to Seattle to look for the restaurant we were anxious to try. 
However once we got there, we noticed it was packed and we couldn’t find parking. We said forget it and hungrily drove north to Mount Vernon for dinner and then home. 27 hours after waking up, I finally fell asleep.

Comments

Popular Posts