The Semester had officially begun... to drive me crazy



Welcome to class. 

The Winter Semester has officially begun .... to drive me mad~

At the beginning of every semester there is going to be a couple issues. Sometimes we are late for first class, or we don't know how to find the room we need to be in, or book  may arrive a couple days late.
 However this semester has really topped it for me.
 
A couple years ago I went to the wrong class … for a month.  

To be fair it was in the same room with the same teacher and it was similar content.  
This is worse. The first day of classes I couldn’t even access the school website for our classes. 
It locked me out. Because of this I may (not 100% sure yet) have lost out on doing a web page for the country I really really really  want!
 Thanks for that~

yes this was my reaction
This semester I enrolled and what I call the psycho math class, unbeknownst to me. It had what I'm pretty sure is an overzealous teacher who loves his subject a bit too much. There comes a point where you should not teach a subject if you love it too much. I’ve found this to be especially true with math teachers. My reasoning behind this is they don’t, or won’t try, to understand how other people have difficulty in their  
subject.
 My DVR counselor put it best when he said, “They eat breath and live math, and don’t understand how anyone else doesn’t.”
These are the teachers who made my education a living hell throughout school.
Oh and NO not EVERY math teacher is like this. I’ve had some great ones who were patient and good to me and other people needing help. I actually think the new teacher I am with is like this.  I unenrolled from the psycho math class and went to go to another class.

How does online class work?!
 In order to do the math online we have to be a part of what is called MyMathLab . It's part of the Pearson MyLab series. If you google it you'll find a lot of information, and disgruntled students because of it. I used my access code, which is not cheap, that I bought at the beginning of last semester, thinking I would need it then. I entered the code to start my psycho math class and then unenrolled and attempted to use it for my new stats class. When the code didn’t work I contacted Pearson,
This is how the conversation went.


You know what makes me want to succeed (even in math) teachers like this: 

This is what makes a good math teacher, they care.
 
 I joined a new math class and now the purchased lab access kit is no longer any good so I basically bought it for nothing. Then went and ordered my geology book and mylab kit for $170 however the kit for the Mylab was not a part of it.
I am beyond mad. 
Why didn’t I get it at the school store…they were out.
And, no they didn’t ask if I wanted them to order it for me, I didn’t know that was an option once school was already in session, plus they’re expensive.   
 My Geo teacher told me that they can order them and postpone the first weeks assignenment a couple days if we did this.  
He told us this AFTER the fact… actually he told the whole class, so I’m thinkin’ I’m not the only one this happened to.

Comments

Popular Posts