Culture Sharing Sites



I like culture sharing networks. They're fun and it's another way to learn about cultures and for me to practice Korean. I started on a really cool one with goals of Global Peace to help me with my German.
I found it through "Easy German" Youtube videos. 
I was in love with Bill Kaulitz~ Wanted to learn German. From there I found other sites and quickly learned that some people used those sites to look for relationships. I however have my own reality as far as that exists.

One of the sites I frequented, Interpals, led to an interesting find. Someone had message me, and quickly I realized English was a second language for them.  Cool, no big.
*How did I know? - I have many friends who speak English as a second language, and by this time could tell what parts of speech was typically omitted by ESL's (people who speak English as a 2nd language)

I asked them where they were from. They were adamant they were from the US. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. why not? However, I knew something was off. *As he/she prattled on about honesty

When I asked them if English was a second language, they replied “I think English is your second language.”

Instead I asked if English was learned in tandem with another language. 
They seemed nervous to admit it, but eventually did once I explained:
1. My multiple friends who are ESL
2. My job where I work with someone from another country several days a week 
3. I’m going to school for communication 
4. I’ve edited numerous papers by ESL students oh and 
5. I’ve tried to teach myself several languages… 
SO.. uhm… SERIOUSLY.




After that  he/she admitted to speaking two languages.

If I was someone who never knew anyone who spoke ESL, let alone all my other "qualifications" I might be inclined to believe them. Oh, and he/she kept calling themself ‘honest.’



These sites are fun though. I even had one guy tell me to "get divorced and marry him"… of course that wasn’t the first time.


I also get messages like this 


This was the FIRST interaction

Same person








There are some pretty cool people on these sites too. I’ve met some really good friends from an AMAZING site, Global Experience (once Solarnet). They’re fantastic, even if I’m not on there as often as I once was.


I’m usually on these sites to meet people who can teach me something new, but friends are good too, but real friendship takes time.


And then there's this guy




I honestly don't know what makes them interested in me. when ever I see my picture all I can think of is....

Oh and booobs I have boobs

Comments

Popular Posts