What is a K-Drama?!





okay I don't cry, but I know plenty who do.
Korean drama (Hangul: 한국드라마), k-drama for short, refers to televised dramas, in a miniseries format, produced in South Korea. Many of these dramas have become popular throughout Asia, with growing interest in other parts of the world. K-dramas have contributed to the general phenomenon of the Korean wave, known as Hallyu (Hangul: 한류), and also "DramaFever" in some countries.

This is the Wikipedia definiton of K-Drama or Korean Drama (source)


What is a K-Drama. I had a friend ask me this.  My first thought was: “How could I fail you.” How could I possibly have forgotten or simply not thought of this. Korean Drama’s my sickness, my disease. It’s my cure when I’m down, my entertainment when I’m bored, my main source of learning how to speak Korean.

Korean Dramas are part of what fueled my unending desire to go to Korea, the friends that followed were a wonderful bonus. Korean Dramas can be funny or over dramatic, sometimes absolutely ridiculous.
 
 Riley wrote a really good description of what drives her crazy about them, consequently it's the same for me. Too bad I can't find the bloody thing. It was mostly taken from Boys over Flowers, which while it has it's good points, it's extremely  to watch. (and rather ridiculous)
I decided to check out the Japanese (original Version) it was much better.

Eitherhow....
I love when I find my friends have taken to Korean Drama’s when I hear they’re curious or they’ve watched one and want more, I get excited, I get happy and I think “Yes more people for my wing of the ward.”

The downside is I get hungry watching them eat, the upside is the eye candy is so good it makes my teeth hurt. 


I'll admit I've stayed up SO late just to finish and episode or... 7. I got excited going to some of the places they've filmed.  Now when I watch shows I get excited because I've been in some of those places.



Okay, I haven't taken to re-enacting scenes yet, but while in Seoul at the Hello Kitty Cafe, Surim took a picture of me with foam on my lips.
It was
NO
WHERE
NEAR
 as cute as
Ha Ji Won in
Secret Garden, but that's the extent of me acting out drama scenes... well maybe the cabbage grabbing from Marry stayed out all night.
To be fair the picture was for a friend who liked the drama too.

Comments

Popular Posts