Getting fit, and falling apart



 
My amazing-entrepreneurial-go-getting friend decided we should start a fitness club. After weeks and months of us discussing how we wanted to lose weight or just get healthier, we got a group of friends together and shared our goals and began working out together. Mostly it’s walking, but we all have our personal challenges as well. We support each other in our efforts and encourage one another not to give up.

I had lost some weight in Seoul, but once I got back I was lazy and didn’t eat as well. I decided I had to do something about it.

We get together about 4 and 5 times a week. We walk. We talk. We sounds like a breakfast cereal. Snap. Crackle. Groan.


I’m beginning to regret this.
I really think we’d be more motivated as humans if progress showed a little
more a little faster, but that is not how life works….
Where’s that picture of me flipping off my metabolism.
Years ago I could work out and the worst I got was shin splints, now I have severe pain in my back, feet fingers, toes and hair.
Every day I get back up and try again. 
I’ve even downloaded an app on my phone to map my walks, so far I’m at about 20 miles or so a week. 
                          And I try to do my exercises every night....
How I think I'll do vs. How I really do.

I have to keep trudging on if I want to see any progress.
Any progress?

Well my friend said my boobs look smaller.
 I think I’m the only person who actually gets excited when I hear that. 
"What my boobs are getting smaller?"
"Yes!"
I jump up and down almost giving myself a black eye.  
They’re still too big.

Comments

Popular Posts