Math class progression



This is a good of example of how my math class tends to progress

I often wonder what’s the point of finding X It’s not my X, is it yours?



I am told (by my teacher)  “Treat it like a number.”

“Okay, what number?”

“Well we don’t’ know that.”









My WTF Face
  


“Then it’s a symbol?”

“Sure. An X.”

“Well what’s the point of that?”

“It’s problem solving.” My teacher replies (every time)

Well hell. “ I have my own problems to solve, without finding your X!”

“Y”

“Why?”

“Yes, you need to find ‘Y’.”

I know WHY, I’ve found why before

“Well what is Y?”

“To confuse me?”

“Okay your formula is Y=MX+B.”

“Those aren’t numbers.”

“You put numbers into that.”

"Okay… What are those numbers?"

A3+C4=Y.


 








“THOSE AREN’T NUMBERS!”

“You just treat them like they are numbers.”

“O….Kay… What are those numbers.” (A+C)

 “Oh, we don’t know that yet.”
 ” ARGGGGGH”



Comments

Popular Posts