Korean Skin care addiction


A friend suggested I write about my collection of Korean skin care items I'd acquired when she came

to visit and saw my  ... collection? 
The last thing I am is a beauty blogger, but boy do I have a lot here. The picture to the right isn't even everything. This whole thing started off with a small pink container I got on my first trip to Korea (that I had trouble parting with) I think it was for your eyes, and to keep them from puffing, but I remember loving the smell. My friend took me to The Face Shop and I remember the adorable sales girl telling me all about it- 

and I understood NOTHING.


I have since gone a little crazy buying up all the goodies I've either gotten samples of or replacing one item with two or three new ones (that really needs to stop). That's how they get you too- Just about every purchase you make comes with a little sample, and sometimes it's enough to hook ya. I held on to one for a year before I bought it because I liked it so much. 

I'm not one for actual make-up but a friend got me a couple eyeliner sticks and I still use them (especially when I DJ). The nice thing is, for something fairly inexpensive, they work well and have lasted me ... since 2016. MISSHA was a cool little store that you could find in the subway stations or around grocery stores, so you never had to go out of your way, and they always had some good deals. They had some fun lip tints and face masks. They were small compared to other places, but didn't lack on options. 

 This would be my daily routine, with a matching facewash (not pictured), consisting of a thick toner, and then moisturizing lotion- Sunblock is important! I have oversensitive skin and have had issues with many other face care items. Since switching to Korean skincare- specifically Face Shop (no they're not sponsoring this) My face has stayed pretty clear. Outbreaks have been few and far between.   


The creams are great for not feeling like my skin is DRRRRYYYY and I love the hydrating stick- it feels nice. I use all those as needed, the Dew it all was in a FabFitFun box I got- It's nice. I find my eyes are not so puffy,in the morning, after I use it. 

The best thing to me are the Korean face masks. I tried to get some Korean masks here in the US, but I found myself not reacting well to them. These (real Korean) masks have been a great way to take care of my skin and feel better about myself. I find they make great gifts too. Everyone I've one given to seemed to be pretty happy about it. 



- Meh, it makes me happy ^_^

Comments

Popular Posts