Cat Cafe in Myeongdong, Seoul

AwWwWw kitty’s I love kitties. I had 3 when I left to study in Korea. I missed my kitties.
 I talked my friend into going to a cat café one day, which she wasn’t big on in the first place-
I think we only went once.  
I wasn’t 100% what to expect with the cat café. I know they could be a little stand offish The kitties were… kitties.
They were rather standoffish the nicest two were a hairless sphynx and a fluffy white baby with polychromatic eyes. (whose been photographed plenty) I’ve seen her photo on several other blogs.  The drinks were nothing special, slightly better than dog café, if I remember correctly. The staff was nice.  

We sat around and talked while hoping a kitty would eventually wish to visit while a child sat aggressively forcing a kitty to let them pet it, and the staff looked as if they hoped the parent would deal with the situation. This made the kitties scarcer than they might have been. After the family left you could see the kitties begin to relax and come out of their shell some more. It’s a much calmer atmosphere than the dog café, which I seriously do not recommend either for small children. This is NOT a place for children, unless they can be calm and respectful of animals. Most the children I saw in these places didn’t know how to behave around the animals, sadly.

 We probably spent less time in the kitty café than the others, since interaction was at a minimal. On the plus side there are SO many options for food when we left, so even if the café was not as exciting as we hoped, we had plenty of options… like returning to the dog café, which I’m pretty sure is what we did. 


We totally did that~

Comments

Popular Posts