Time for a mental breakdown

This is my current school situation.
Most of this is a letter to my DVR counselor.
Over the summer quarter I needed to take out a loan to cover my classes-
I did so, signed all the paperwork, and was told everything was done. If they needed anything else they would reach me.  I had 2 documents that would be required BEFORE the fall quarter (the current one at the time of writing this), but no rush.

I did my best to check the emails as often as possible – however many times the website simply never came up. I finally got a hand up and was granted access to a class. As I went to register I found out I was locked out. Turns out those 2 documents were needed to 1. Finish processing the loan and 2. They said I didn’t sign something, and I should have checked my email about it. 
I have been on the phone with FAFSA and the Student Business Office for the last two days. 
We have been trying to figure out what went wrong. 
Apparently a lot of it boils down to the school’s
new email service over the summer quarter, and its preventing reliable communication. I am currently attempting to make sure I can cover the fall quarter and the summer quarters tuition with a loan for the fall quarter. I had to find an additional course to take, because a 5 credit quarter was not going to be enough to grant me an award. However as of now, the day before classes begin, I have not had the hold on my account lifted, and cannot register for any classes. The financial aid office told me to let the student business office know that they could lift the hold. When I called the office, they needed to contact them for permission (I understand), which would be given. I attempted to call back before the close of the day, with multiple attempts, and no response. I will be going to Bellingham .

*Next day*
Now we have worked it out so that I can pay off the summer tuition, however they have to remove the hold from my account- which they have not done yet.  

Once my classes are settled, I will be in Bham from 9am to 9pm Monday & Wednesday.

So currently my educational status is in limbo, and I am losin’ my ever lovin’ mind while trying to get done – oh and I just discovered something about a packet to graduate. WHAT?! I am SO confused. I need a nap.


As of today I am unable to register for the 2nd class I need because the Student Business office didn’t lift the hold on my account the first time the financial aid office said that we had worked something out. This has caused me to SCRAMBLE for something – nothing is available and the teacher said she wouldn’t take me on… even a slight hit on how I didn’t come to the first class – see above as to why. 



Comments

Popular Posts