A shift in plans.





So the summer plans to study in Korea have officially been dashed.  I met with my vocational rehabilitation (DVR) counselor to find out about a program I had hurried up and signed up for one in my excitement.

But I wants it!


 Let me preface this with the knowledge that; 
1.This did not come out of the blue. 
2.This had been discussed at length on several occasions. 
3. It isn’t the worst possible thing. 

Yes, I should

Specifically the Pacific Ocean
The problem is that voc-rehab won’t back a study abroad because it is not “needed” for my degree. But it kinda is at the same time. I worked it out that I have an exchange in the fall, it is different from the study abroad in the way that FAFSA covers it as an instate tuition and not a foreign tuition. I am literally exchanging my place at WWU for someone at an adjacent school in Korea (Korea U or Yonsei).  The study abroad is a completely different program and fees don’t work the same.   
So basically I will be here in the summer, and wait until fall to go. 
 I am feeling better after opening and E-mail I received. Basically I need to choose my programs for the fall quarter at the universities.

Tea works wonders for calming rage.
 My biggest bummer for this whole situation is that I wanted to take a beginning Korean class to learn anything (everything) I missed teaching myself from the beginning, and grammar. I also really need to expand my vocabulary.  I barely know how to say hello, there are so many words I just don’t know. Then in the fall I planned to take an intensive Korean course. I guess now I will just take an intense Korean course and make it work. Nothing like learning by fire.
 
내, 상생님. 이해가요....maybe O_o
I am frustrated and a little hurt that I couldn't make it work. But, I know it is what it is and there is probably a good reason for it. It will work out when the time is right. I will get over it in a couple days. For now I will cuddle with my weiner because she makes me feel better
So immature, can't believe they let me in uni.

But it's nothing that can't be over come, and the ultimate goal remains the same:





Comments

Popular Posts