My Last Semester at Skagit Valley College



This was my last semester at SVC (Skagit Valley College) along with some of my friends we made the best of our last semester. I thought since I had less credits and only 3 classes as opposed to 4, and one was even a 1 credit, I would have a bit more time… but what did do, 
yeah, we're very serious.
I went and asked for a radio show. Well the hour drive up (and back) kinda takes up a bit of time… not to mention we have a list to put together.  
 
Okay so I put it together for us both, and 
I really like that bit of control.  I harass her over her love of Benedict Cumberbatch and future marriage to Ed Sherran  and she gives me crap about my K-pop loving self.  Either how, this activity takes up more time than I thought it would, however that is NOT a complaint. 
I LOVE getting to do it. To be honest I don't really like making the list without her. 
She was gone last week, and I did not enjoy the whole ritual as I normally would.

My classes for my final semester started with Environmental science taught by someone who I'm prettey sure was a hippy, I presume either how~. The class was online and there was rarely a listing for the chapter we were testing for, and most of the information regarding the class site was outdated, or for a different semester. Everyone I explained this too said, “Well you’re supposed to read the book” Yes we are… but not the whole book before the first week…and NO he did NOT go chapter by chapter  ~  so I never knew what to expect.

 Apparently I did well enough, I got a good grade (B+)
I will say I found it odd to have done a discussion on restoration I chose to discuss the Cheonggyecheon River restoration in Seoul.

Before & After
 I included pictures and everything… and a student later in the semester did a discussion on the same thing (same topic different week) so that was… I’m pretty, sure stealing, but oh well. Mine looked better any way. **I should have screen shot it.


My second class was PE (Physical Education)  It was an online class and it went something like this…
That counts as 1... right?!
I was going to the school gym 2-3 times a week plus working out 5 days a week, very little improvement and very little weight loss. AND Then… I got a stomach virus. It was bad, it was painful and I had to go to the doctor. 
I was diagnosed with a nasty sinus infection (now I can smell EVERYTHING again) stomach virus, and so I was told to go home and recuperate.   
I wake up the next morning with kidney stones… 
My. Body. Hates. Me.   
For two days I sat wrapped up on my bed in pain. Once it was over, all was pleasant. However, all weight loss was reversed and I am back to where I was.  

 Yay for progress.

Communications was my last and favorite class. Interpersonal Communication.
Shut up and keep reading

  This was the only class that on campus.  
  Two days a week I put on real clothing and interacted with humans.

All the real work was online, but it was enjoyable.   
The most frustrating part of my class was the gender frustration project. I had to look up feminine and masculine characteristics in order to explain my ‘frustration.’


If I've learned anything from that class ~ it's to not 'Google' those things ever again.

  
We were only allotted 3 minutes to complete everything, however the teacher made it difficult for us to do it in that time with her request of citing sources WHILE reading/reciting/singing/playing our poem/story/song/video It made for a frustrating assignment altogether.   
However I am pretty proud of my video.
Especially since about halfway thought the semester my computer had a virus attack it and I had to begin my project again… 
I was halfway done when this happened.  

My friends and I managed to make it have fun though, we went to the dive in, and we met up regularly to help us keep each others sanity.

We went to the drive in and talked back and forth about our plans for graduation... 
Honestly, this was the end of EVERY semester
We hung out. 
 
 We enjoyed the drive in, walked around town a bit. We discussed strategies for 

getting through our finals. 
We we all got excited as it got close, and then we studied, or in my case, pretended to remember everything I needed. I got through my final

Now that everything is done, it's time to relax for a bit... and earn some money. My next goal. Studying in South Korea

Now, I have some scholarships to look for.

Comments

Popular Posts