I LOVE this Watch #Dotwatch #coolestthingever


I’ve had this watch for a couple weeks now, and I’m getting better at reading the braille numbers. I still cheat and look at it, but I can FEEL the time, and that’s about my favorite thing. I will wake up at the weirdest hours, reach over and check the time and feel the dots raised. It’s honestly pretty cool. I went on a job interview for a family and they saw the watch and before I left said, “I just have to ask about it” They were really impressed with it. I totally geeked out over it with them. My favorite thing is people’s reactions to it. My DVR counselor wants it for the visually impaired groups at Voc rehab. I hand it off to everyone and show them what I know, and what I’m still learning. It took days before it would hook up to my phone, but once it did I played with all the different settings and the braille tactile mode. I think it’s currently in military time- which I’m cool with since I can read. It currently tells me it’s 22:25.
Thus far my favorite thing is the learn Braille feature, by far! 
I love that you can absolutely learn to read Braille with this! 
Story time! When I was a little kid – before my grandpa was MY grandpa, he had a step-son, named Jack. I remember him, even though I’m pretty sure I was in kindergarten at this time. The thing I remember about Jack, was that he was blind, and I wasn’t always around. I remember they would measure me against him so he could see how much I grew, and we’d ‘watch’ cartoons together. I remember thinking I need to learn to read Braille for Jack- I was like 5 or 6 gimme a break. I had taught myself to read, by this time (read along books on tape FTW!), so I figured, I could do it with Braille- I didn’t know how to read the bumps on the books like him. I don’t know what happened to him after his mom passed away, but I still remember him.
Dot Says Hi!

The great thing about this watch is you can take your time and learn the alphabet letter by letter, the same way Eric taught me Hangeul. It’s such an amazing little device… and it’s telling me I need to charge it in one more day, it’s been about 4 days since I last charged it. The battery life on this watch is FANTASTIC(baby).   

If you wanna follow their ever changing IG page you can CLICK HERE
To get your own Fantastic Dot Watch Click Here

Comments

Popular Posts